A surprise came my way this weekend in the form of an invitation from Talei Loto of Musings of an Aspiring Scribe. She told me to don my gala attire and rush over to her blog. Well it sounded like a party to me, so I quickly changed (though my curls were not quite set) and rushed over. Talei had received a "Creative Writer" blogger award, and she was having a celebration. On acceptance of this award, Talei had to give us seven facts about herself - correction - Talei was to give us 1 fact about herself and 6 falsehoods, and we were to guess which one was the truth.
At the end of the party she gave out party favors, and four blogs received like awards from Talei. Elbows On My Window Sill was one of the recipients so I happily brought home this button.
Now that I am back home and am having my own celebratory, back yard hot dog roast, I want to pass four "Creative Writer" blogger awards out before they get mustard on them:
These awards are given to you for the creativity in the writing of your blogs. I do regret that I am allowed to give out only four.
A Tale of Two Cities
5 Minutes Just For Me
Pretty Far West
Rococo and Caffeine
These are participatory awards and if you accept this award you are to pass the same to four blogs of your choice, and present your lists of lies and truths about yourself for all readers to guess the one fact if they so choose.
1. Spent the night in the dressing room of a department store. I was tired and fell asleep.
2. Ferrying across choppy waters to Victoria Island, I not only lost my cookies, but my shoes too.
3. At my high school prom five of us were wearing identical bright blue dresses.
4. Last week I found a past due library book on my bookshelf. Due over a year ago.
5. Timed baby turtles as they swam toward the light.
6. Dropped in at a party and found I had the wrong address.
7. After arriving at work my fellow colleagues informed me I was wearing two different colored shoes.
I will post the truth at the end of my next post.
This award is for fun and if you choose not to accept it is not necessary to reply.