Saturday, September 25, 2010

Boo Boos of Distinction

American fashion designer, Cynthia Rowley, has introduced a new line.
No, not talking about her dresses,

























her jackets,

























nor her shoes,


















but her sparkly, sequined, and fancy printed bandages, yes, Band-aids.

























These designer strips come in a black or blue specially marketed tin.






















These are a limited edition and are sold for $10.00 in Cynthia Rowley stores, on her website, and in the Cooper-Hewitt Museum Shop. One dollar from the sale of each tin will go to Design Ignites Change, an organization that engages high school and college students in design and architecture projects that address social issues in their own communities; however all proceeds generated in the museum's shop will be used to help support the Museum's mission.

These glamorous designs are by Cynthia Crowley and she definitely deserves her kudos.
Ladies will be wearing these with or without nicks.

In the midst of all this let us not forget other adhesive strips.






























Moms have been purchasing various colored and fun designed bandages for many years.
What well intentioned, and self respecting mom has not forgotten to restock the medicine cabinet with adult strips? So, for a long time, before a designer put a signature on a band aid, moms have donned what they had on hand, and wore it proudly.
Moms there may be no runway but please stand and take your bow.



13 comments:

  1. Those are some fancy bandaids! Wow, now everyone will want to scrape their knee so they can wear one.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, ohhhmy the things people come up with. We could make our own with glitter and some rhinestones :))

    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now why didn't I think of that? One of these days my great ideas will pay off. : ) Have a happy day! sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol!... Mya you keep me entertained with your interesting post.

    If I had to choose between Rowley's bandages and Nexcare, Nexcare would win me over, but not because I'm against the designer, I just think the butterfly and flowers are prettier, If I so happen to cut or scrap something this winter, those nature scenes would remind me of summer again. " Yes Kudos to Moms every where!

    Thanks for stopping by with your college story I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! so cute post. thanks for your comment on my blog re the dream. i know that people reach out to people but don't always let others know. maybe at times we need to hear this so we don't get bitter with all the negative that is said. have a good day. rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh please don't let my little Petra know they come with sequines and pink! She has band-aid love.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How utterly gorgeous ! instead of an ugly brown strip I can now wear a pretty flower just like a discreet tatoo!! I love it.
    ~Dianne~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is classy :)
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for your comment re horses. i'm trying to get hubby to get neighbor to handle this. so far, he wants to handle this. i'll just sit and see his face get red. rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant idea! These are for me and my occasional oven burns. The Domestic Goddess Recuperates, I'll tell my friends grandly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun, designer band-aids! A great way to be fashionable when injured.

    ReplyDelete