What do you think is the largest flower in the United States?
After perusing through a United States Postal Service coloring book, I sadly realized that, though I could answer most, I did not know the answers to several of their questions.
This is just a sampling of the 40 questions in the book. Do you know the answers? They all pertain to the USA. You will probably do better than I; however, the pictures of the stamps are below, and I am sure you can match them to the questions.
No, the pictures are not in the same sequence as the questions.
1. Where is the longest covered bridge? not in Madison County, Iowa
2. What is the largest plant?
3. What is the largest rodent?
4. Where are the highest sea cliffs?
5. What is the largest flower?
6. Name and location of the longest bridge span? not the Golden Gate
7. Name and location of the longest natural bridge? not in Virginia
8. Where is the windiest spot? not Chicago
9. What are the oldest trees? not the Redwoods
10. Name and location of largest glacier? not in Glacier Park
11. Where is the rainiest spot? not Seattle, Washington
12. What is the largest freshwater fish?
13. Name and location of the tallest geyser?
14. Name and location of the tallest dam?
15. Name and location of the longest hiking trail? not the Appalachian
16. Name and location of the Tallest Sand Dunes?
Maybe the next time you are in the post office you will pick up a coloring book.
1. New Hampshire to Vermont
4. Moloka'i Island, Hawai'i
6. Brooklyn to Staten Island, NY
8. New Hampshire
10. near Cordova, Alaska
11. Kaua'i Island, Hawai'i
13. Yellowstone National Park, WY
14. Feather River in Northern CA
15. Mexico to Canada through CA, OR and WN
16. San Luis Valley, Colorado