Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Savannah

After a busy morning of pulling up weeds, pruning bushes, preparing a couple of flower beds, sweeping and washing the seemingly ever falling pollen off cars, porch, patio, and walks I practically collapsed into the porch swing. Every muscle was screaming, "Why do you always wait to do everything at one time?" I did not have an answer. (and besides, people are likely to wonder about you if they hear you talking to yourself)

As I closed my eyes and rested my head against the back of the swing I knew a take-me-away moment was coming over me, and I was ready to go. Okay, go, but where would my fantasy take me? As I got closer and closer it became clearer and clearer.





Ah yes, Savannah. Savannah, Georgia, a gorgeous old southern, river town dripping with charm and Spanish moss. Under the spreading limbs of enormous oak trees you can take leisurely walks through town, view dozens and dozens of stately homes with fine architectural detail, and browse in a myriad of shops. There are museums to visit, and several of the old houses are open to the public. Have a bite to eat, indoors or out, then relax in one of the 22 shaded parks for which Savannah is famous. Down the road a few miles you cross over to Tybee Island on the Atlantic Ocean, a three mile beach, dotted with sea oats and sand dunes, a fun place to wade and take long beach walks.

But right now I am visualizing myself sitting on the front porch of a bed and breakfast, sippin' my tall glass of sweet iced tea, and just watching the world go by.









Wish you were here...wish I were here

2 comments:

  1. Me too! Dreaming about visiting Savannah someday, that is. I managed a trip to Charleston a few years back, but I've regretted that we did not get to Savannah too. Definitely on the bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dreaming about Savannah, Charleston, and any where South that is warmer then Michigan right now! Brrr!! We are back in the 40's!!

    I'll keep dreaming and maybe one soon I get there.. Maybe even live there..ah..I'm closing my eyes right now.. Sunshine and warm weather..
    ahhh...Yes!

    ReplyDelete