Friday, February 5, 2010

Tick Tock, Ticked Off At The Doctor's Office

Apparently, more people are scheduled for appointments than the doctors can possibly handle. I am aware that most people I know have had lengthy waits numerous times and have come to expect it. Some have even come to accept it graciously. Well, I am not one of them. Oh, I have never acted ugly at the doctors, but inside I am thinking anything but gracious thoughts.

At the pediatricians we often had to wait but their practice was to work in sick children. You knew this, and you appreciated the fact that your acutely ill child would also be seen by the doctor. I just do not get the feeling that this is the case in my doctors office now.

Was there not a policy or an understanding, a few years ago, about patients rights? But what if you are allowed to get up and leave without having to pay for the visit - are you going to go home sick, or make another appointment and hope that they will not be so crowded? Hmmm, will it be hard to get another appointment in a decent length of time?

I wonder if it would make a difference if we could charge the doctor for our time, or make deductions against the bill for our waiting and waiting and waiting.

Computers are suppose to speed things up? Not at my doctor's! To add an insult to the top of my growing resentments, during the "reminder call" about an upcoming appointment, I was told to arrive about 15 minutes early so they could process their computer files. ARRGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment