Don't know what to do with that spare Boeing 727 in your backyard? How about a little renovation.
This plane is owned by Hotel Costa Verde in Costa Rica, and costs $400 - 500 per night depending on the time of year you wish to stay. The plane was hauled, piece by piece, from the San Jose airport to the National Park along the edge of the Manuel Antonio Jungle.
Welcome. This is the entrance to your fuselage suite, nestled in the trees.
Here you can relax while you are watching TV.
The kitchenette - dinning area is great for casual entertaining, and...
perhaps you would like to serve cocktails on the wing balcony.
Overnight guests? Not a problem. They can stay in the second bedroom.
And for you, they have the master bedroom and...
You are perched upon a 50 foot pedestal, and as you can see, you have marvelous views of both the jungle and the beautiful ocean.
JoAnn Ussery purchased a retired 727 for $2000.00 from the nearby Greenwood, Mississippi, airport. For $4000.00 she had it moved to her Lake Whittington property, and for $24,000.00 had it remodeled. Much of the remodeling she did herself. She was allowed to salvage a few interior panels and other miscellaneous bits and pieces from other retired planes. At the airport salavge center she was known as the "gutsy little grandma."
When all was finished she had a three bedroom lake house, and the cockpit had been transformed into a master bath with a jacuzzi.
JoAnn named her home "Little Trump," referring to Donald Trump's $16 million corporate jet, which is also a Boeing 727.
My thanks go to L. Sobey for sending these pictures to me.
What do you think is the largest flower in the United States?
After perusing through a United States Postal Service coloring book, I sadly realized that, though I could answer most, I did not know the answers to several of their questions.
This is just a sampling of the 40 questions in the book. Do you know the answers? They all pertain to the USA. You will probably do better than I; however, the pictures of the stamps are below, and I am sure you can match them to the questions. No, the pictures are not in the same sequence as the questions.
1. Where is the longest covered bridge? not in Madison County, Iowa
2. What is the largest plant?
3. What is the largest rodent?
4. Where are the highest sea cliffs?
5. What is the largest flower?
6. Name and location of the longest bridge span? not the Golden Gate
7. Name and location of the longest natural bridge? not in Virginia
8. Where is the windiest spot? not Chicago
9. What are the oldest trees? not the Redwoods
10. Name and location of largest glacier? not in Glacier Park
11. Where is the rainiest spot? not Seattle, Washington
12. What is the largest freshwater fish?
13. Name and location of the tallest geyser?
14. Name and location of the tallest dam?
15. Name and location of the longest hiking trail? not the Appalachian
16. Name and location of the Tallest Sand Dunes?
Maybe the next time you are in the post office you will pick up a coloring book.
1. New Hampshire to Vermont 4. Moloka'i Island, Hawai'i 6. Brooklyn to Staten Island, NY 7. Utah 8. New Hampshire 10. near Cordova, Alaska 11. Kaua'i Island, Hawai'i 13. Yellowstone National Park, WY 14. Feather River in Northern CA 15. Mexico to Canada through CA, OR and WN 16. San Luis Valley, Colorado